December 22, 2014 by middleearthnj
The school break for the holidays has begun, and our absolute best tip for surviving it with your teen is to have fun! Here are 20 ideas for activities your teen can do over the holiday break. Encourage your teenager to choose a couple of these activities as a family experience or time with their friends.
- Bake and decorate cookies.
- Build a winter bonfire and make s’mores.
- Go on a winter photo scavenger hunt. Download a sample.
- Help your teen decorate their room for the holiday you celebrate.
- Make a holiday craft, such as greeting cards, candles, decorations, or gifts.
- Volunteer at local area projects.
- Have a movie marathon with a theme.
- Plan a board game tournament.
- Send a card and letter to a soldier.
- Think about and journal what the holidays mean to you.
- Read a holiday story.
- Learn origami and use them to include in cards to friends or as ornaments.
- Wrap your bedroom door like a present.
- Organize a local coat drive (or some other collection for a need in your community).
- Make wrapping paper.
- Learn to make a traditional family holiday dish or dessert.
- Adopt a grandparent or visit a nursing home with a group of friends.
- Learn something about how a different culture celebrates the holiday season.
- Make a crazy music video to your favorite song.
- Play in the snow – build a snowman, have a snowball fight, or take a walk.
Middle Earth wishes you and your loved ones peace, love, and happiness during this holiday season.